Safety Information For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a dangerous gas that you can’t see, smell or taste it, but which can easily kill you. That’s why you need to be able to identify it and avoid it as much as you can. There are a number of things you can do, like follow these tips and learn about the signs and symptoms of the carbon monoxide poisoning.


  • You should ensure that you have your business’s heating systems inspected and maintained by a professional.


  • Don’t take the chance of using portable generators within the office or in the office’s garage. Always use them outside, far away from the building.


  • Don’t take the chance to improvise heating with a gas range or a stove/oven.


  • Have battery-operated CO alarms or CO alarms with battery backup installed in various areas of your workplace.


  • Be able to identify the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and ensure that you are able to get outside and get fresh air as quickly as possible, then call the authorities.




Some of the symptoms of low to moderate carbon monoxide poisoning include fatigue, shortness of breath, headache, nausea and dizziness. Some of the symptoms of high carbon monoxide poisoning include mental confusion, vomiting, unconsciousness, and uncoordinated muscle movements. Continued exposure will result in death.





Please add Content in FAQ