Swing Stage Operator Safety Course Outline
Swing Stage Operator Safety Course
General information on course
This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge of operating and working from a Swing Stage. It is also designed to be a refresher course for experienced operators. Participants must successfully complete and pass both the theoretical and practical components of this course to receive their record of training (ROT).
**Please note that in order to deliver this training session, there must be an engineer-certified swing stage set up at your jobsite along with all applicable paperwork and emergency response plans for the swing stage. **
Can be a full day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
Supervisors and individuals who operate and work from a swing stage as part of their day-to-day job activities.
After successfully completing this portion of the course, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of all workplace stakeholders;
- Design and construction checklists and paperwork;
- Pre-use inspections;
- Swing stage setup, operation and emergency procedures.
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- The capability to conduct a pre-use inspection;
- The ability to don a five-point harness and tie-off to a lifeline using a rope grab;
- The ability to safely raise and lower a Swing Stage.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what we can do for you and your organization visit www.advancedct.com
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.