Working at Heights Training
General information on course
The proper use of fall protection equipment when working at heights could prevent serious injuries and/or fatalities including fall arrest systems and other fall protection. This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge of working at heights. It is also designed to be a refresher for experienced construction site workers. Participants must successfully complete both the theoretical and practical components of this training session to receive their certificate of completion (ROT).
Please note a minimum of 8 participants are required for this course to proceed. This also includes Saturday/Sunday bookings. Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd will provide 24 hours notice if a course change of date is required.
Related Blog Information
Full day (8 hours)
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who supervise personnel that work at heights or will themselves be working at heights.
Upon the successful completion of this safety training program, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of all workplace stakeholders;
- The hazards of working at heights;
- Methods of fall protection and fall prevention;
- Warning methods and physical barriers;
- Ladder safety and working from scaffolding;
- The requirements for the formulation and implementation of a rescue plan.
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- Proficiency in harness ‘Fit Testing’;
- How to install a rope grab on a horizontal and vertical lifeline;
- Proficiency in proper tie-off techniques;
- How to use a beam strap to create a secure anchor point.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course. To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what they can do for you and your organization visit www.advancedct.com
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.