WHMIS/GHS Course Outline
General information on course
Workers exposed to hazardous products, as defined under WHMIS Legislation, may be at risk for a number of serious health effects ranging from kidney and lung damage to allergic reactions, burns, cancer and even death. The Hazardous Materials Information System, known as WHMIS, came into effect in Ontario in 1988. It sets out certain duties and obligations for suppliers, employers and workers on the safe use, storage, disposal and transportation of all hazardous materials used in the workplace. Participants must complete and pass this course to receive their record of training (ROT).
Important Upcoming Deadline: Health Canada’s deadline to complete the new WHMIS/GHS training (also known as WHMIS 2015) by December 1st of 2018 is fast approaching. Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. can help you ensure that your workplace is fully compliant to WHMIS 2015 so when the deadline comes, you will be prepared.
Related Blog Information
You might want to take a look at our recent article here on WHMIS.
Can be a half-day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who use, or could be exposed to, a hazardous product in the workplace.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Upon the successful completion of this safety training program, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations and CSA Standards);
- The duties and responsibilities of all workplace stakeholders;
- WHMIS exemptions;
- WHMIS categories;
- Material Safety Data Sheet System (MSDS) – introductory material;
- What Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required depending on the product being used.
AFTER THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify and recognize designated substances and the hazards associated with them;
- Recognize prescribed safety measures in order to prevent accidents and illnesses;
- Safely store and transport hazardous materials;
- Maintain an up-to-date MSDS System.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what we can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.