Transportation of Dangerous Goods
General information on course
This program has been developed for all carriers, shippers, receivers and drivers who are responsible for the shipping, receiving and delivery of Dangerous Goods as defined under Transportation of Dangerous Goods legislation. Participants who successfully complete and pass this course will receive their record of training (ROT).
Can be a half-day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are involved (or supervise personnel) in the shipping, receiving and/or delivery of dangerous goods as defined under Transportation of Dangerous Goods legislation.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Upon the successful completion of this safety training program, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of all workplace stakeholders;
- The purpose, structure and functions of the TDG Clear Language legislation and regulations and what constitutes ‘dangerous goods’ as described under the TDG legislation;
- Training requirements for all personnel involved in the shipping/receiving and/or delivery of dangerous goods.
AFTER THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Read and understand all label, placard, handbook and checklist requirements under TDG legislation;
- Label and complete the necessary paperwork to ship TDG controlled products;
- Know emergency response procedures and contacts;
- Recognize when an Emergency Response Action Plan is required.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what we can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.