General information on course
This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge to perform their duties and obligations as Traffic Control Personnel. It is also designed to be a refresher for experienced Traffic Control Personnel. After successfully completing and passing this course, participants will receive their record of training (ROT).
Can be a half-day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who supervise or performs duties related to Traffic Control as part of their day-to-day job activities.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Upon the successful completion of this safety training program, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of all workplace stakeholders;
- What Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to perform the duties;
- The organization of traffic control devices;
- The shapes and sizes of signage to be used in traffic control situations.
AFTER THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Know where to stand in order to regulate traffic flow;
- Know how to signal appropriately and effectively to vehicle traffic;
- Read and recognize danger signals;
- Prepare and perform daily traffic control checklists;
- Report vehicle operators who do not follow direction;
- Know how to respond appropriately in an emergency situation.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what we can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.