General information on course
This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge of operating a telescopic forklift. It is also designed to be a refresher course for experienced telescopic forklift operators. Participants must successfully complete and pass both the theoretical and practical components of this course to receive their record of training (ROT).
Related Blog Information
You might want to take a look at our recent article here on Material Handling.
Can be a full day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who supervise Telescopic Forklift operators or operate a Telescopic Forklift as part of their day-to-day job activities.
After successfully completing this portion of the course, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of workplace stakeholders;
- Pre-shift inspections;
- Safe operating and load handling procedures;
- Pedestrian safety and the proper use of hand signals.
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- The capability to conduct a pre-shift inspection;
- Telescopic forklift safe starting procedures;
- The ability to lift a load using a telescopic forklift;
- The ability to travel with and place a load within the device’s load limitations;
- The ability to immobilize and park the device.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what they can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.