Slips Trips and Falls
General information on course
Unless a workplace injury results in death, the amount of time lost from a workplace injury is six weeks on average. Slipping and/or tripping are the single most common source of injuries occurring in the workplace. Most of these incidents/accidents can be avoided with careful housekeeping. If the risk of slips, trips and falls is reduced, the workplace would be a much safer place.
Can be a half day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
This program has been developed for supervisors and individuals who may be exposed hazards that engender slips, trips and falls in their day-to-day job activities.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
After completing this health and safety training session, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of all workplace stakeholders;
- The common causes of slips, trips and falls;
- Housekeeping practices that reduce or eliminate hazards.
AFTER THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Determine the causes of slips, trips and falls and reduce their occurrence;
- Recognize ladder hazards and know how to avoid them.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what we can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.