Refresher-Working at Heights
General information on course
The proper use of Fall Protection equipment could prevent serious injuries and/or fatalities. This refresher workshop is designed for participants who have already successfully achieved their Working at Heights certification. Participants must successfully complete both the theoretical and practical components of this refresher training session to receive their certificate of completion. (ROT) PROOF OF WORKING AT HEIGHTS TRAINING REQUIRED DAY OF TRAINING OR NO ENTRY !!
Please note a minimum of 8 participants are required for this course to proceed. This also includes Saturday/Sunday bookings. Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd will provide 24 hours’ notice if a course change of date is required.
Related Blog Information
You might want to take a look at our recent article here on Working at Heights.
Half Day course (4hrs)
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who have successfully completed the Working at Heights program previously and currently possess certification.
Upon successful completion of this refresher safety training program, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturer Guidelines and Principles)
- The duties and responsibilities of all workplace stakeholders.
- The hazards of Working at Heights.
- Methods of Fall Protection and Fall Prevention and equipment.
- Warning methods and physical barriers.
- Ladder safety and working from scaffolding.
- The requirements for the formation and implementation of a rescue plan.
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- Proficiency in harness “Fit Testing”
- How to install a rope grab on a horizontal and vertical lifeline.
- Proficiency in proper tie-off techniques.
- How to use a beam strap to create a secure anchor point.
- Inspection protocol on all Working at Heights equipment
By means of group discussion, case studies and one on one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what they can do for you and your organization, please contact us today. Please bring Proof of Training for Working at Heights.
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.