General information on course
This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge of operating an overhead crane. It is also designed to be a refresher course for experienced overheated crane operators. Participants must successfully complete and pass both the theoretical and practical components of this course to receive their record of training (ROT).
Can be a full day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who supervise Overhead Crane operators or operate an Overhead Crane as part of their day-to-day job activities.
After successfully completing this portion of the course, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of workplace stakeholders;
- Pre-shift inspections and maintenance;
- Capacity ratings and load weight calculations;
- Rigging equipment selection and rigging procedures;
- Pedestrian safety and the proper use of hand signals.
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- The capability to conduct a pre-shift inspection;
- A knowledge of general safe operating procedures;
- A knowledge of rigging selection and application(s);
- The ability to rig a load, travel and place a load;
- The ability to immobilize the device.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what they can do for you and your organization visit www.advancedct.com
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.