Manager Due Diligence
General information on course
Today’s workplace is filled with many challenges and the supervision of workers has become increasingly more complicated, especially where safety is concerned. Today’s supervisors are required to “take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of a worker”. This is no easy task given the large number of regulations that govern health and safety in the workplace. Participants must successfully complete and pass this course to receive their record of training (ROT).
Related Blog Information
Can be a half-day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction
Who Should Attend:
This program has been developed for all personnel in a workplace that hold supervisory or management positions.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
After successfully completing this course, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations and CSA Standards);
- The duties and responsibilities of all workplace stakeholders;
- The duties of Ontario Ministry of Labour inspectors;
- The nature and extent of liabilities, fines and offences outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
AFTER THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand what constitutes ‘Due Diligence’;
- Monitor performance to ensure compliance to the Act in the workplace;
- Develop an action plan for continuous improvement;
- Create a ‘Safety First’ culture in your organization;
- Interact effectively with your Joint Health Safety Committee or Health and Safety Representative to ensure a healthy and safe workplace.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what we can do for you and your organization, please visit us today.