General information on course
This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge of operating an industrial low lift truck. It is also designed to be a refresher course for experienced operators. Participants must successfully complete and pass both the theoretical and practical components of this course to receive their record of training (ROT).
Can be a half-day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who supervise industrial low lift operators or operate an industrial low lift as part of their day-to-day job activities.
After successfully completing this portion of the course, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of workplace stakeholders;
- Pre-shift inspections;
- Safe operating and load handling procedures;
- Pedestrian safety;
- Battery handling techniques.
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- The capability to conduct a pre-shift inspection;
- Industrial low lift truck safe starting procedures;
- A knowledge of general safe operating procedures;
- The ability to pick up, travel with and place a load within the device’s load limitations;
- The ability to immobilize and secure the device.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what they can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.