Counterbalance Forklift Course Outline
Ontario Counterbalance Forklift Safety & Operation Training
General information on course
This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge of operating a counterbalance forklift. It is also designed to be a refresher course for experienced counterbalance forklift operators. This course must be completed for forklift operators to be in compliance of the Ontario MOL regulations. Certifications (licenses) last for three years before requiring renewal. Participants must successfully complete and pass both the theoretical and practical components of this course to receive their record of training (ROT).
Related Blog Information
You might want to take a look at our recent article here on Material Handling.
Can be a full day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who supervises operators of Counterbalance Forklifts or operates a Counterbalance Forklift on a construction site or in an industrial establishment.
After successfully completing this portion of the course, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles;
- The duties and responsibilities of workplace stakeholders;
- Pre-shift inspections;
- Safe operating and load handling procedures;
- Pedestrian safety and the proper use of hand signals;
- Propane and battery handling techniques.
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- The capability to conduct a pre-shift inspection;
- Forklift safe starting procedures;
- Lifting a load with a forklift;
- Travelling with and placing a load with a forklift;
- Parking and immobilizing a counterbalance forklift device.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what they can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.