CH02-LP AND CH02-NG
General information on course
This Health and Safety training session has been developed to provide participants with a general knowledge and understanding of working with propane-powered and natural gas appliances, including temporary construction heaters, tiger torches and salamanders.
Can be a fullday depending on group size and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
This program has been developed for supervisors and individuals who, as part of their day-to-day activities, work with natural gas and/or work with propane-powered appliances (up to 400,000 BTUH).
After successfully completing this portion of the course, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of workplace stakeholders;
- The characteristics of propane/natural gas
- Propane/Natural Gas handling and storage, and personal protective equipment requirements;
- Emergency response to propane/natural gas related injuries;
- How to recognize propane/natural gas hazards and deal with propane safely on worksites;
- How to ignite and activate various propane/natural gas appliances.
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- How to ignite and activate site-specific propane/natural gas appliances;
- How to manifold up to three (3) propane cylinders;
- How to follow safe shutdown procedures on propane-powered/natural gas site-specific appliances.
- How to manifold to Natural Gas Meter
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what they can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.