General information on course
This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge of the health and safety regulations for operating a chainsaw on a construction site or industrial establishment. According to recent injury statistics, there are (on average) over 28,000 chainsaw related injuries per year. Thirty-six percent of these injuries were to legs and knees requiring an average of 110 stitches to close the wound.
Can be a half-day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
This program has been designed for supervisors and anyone who operates a chainsaw as part of their day-to-day job activities.
What You Will Learn:
After completing this health and safety training session, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations and CSA Standards);
- The duties and responsibilities of workplace stakeholders;
- The type of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that must be worn while operating a chainsaw;
- Chronic injury as a result of chainsaw vibration;
- The dangers associated with chainsaw kickback and how to avoid them.
After This Workshop You Will Be Able To:
- Properly transport a chainsaw to and from a jobsite;
- Undertake general chainsaw maintenance in accordance with manufacturers guidelines;
- Conduct a pre-start inspection;
- Ensure proper chain tension;
- Understand how to prevent kickback;
- Demonstrate proper cutting techniques.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what we can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.