Asbestos Awareness Course Outline
General information on course
Asbestos legislation sets out certain duties and obligations for owners, employers and workers on the safe handling, disposal and transportation of all asbestos materials within their workplace. This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge of the dangers associated with being exposed to asbestos and how to prevent exposure(s).
Can be a half-day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
This program has been developed for supervisors and anyone in an organization, who may be exposed to asbestos hazards as part of their day-to-day job activities.
What You Will Learn:
After completing this health and safety training session, participants will understand:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles)
- The duties and responsibilities of all workplace stakeholders;
- The types and uses of asbestos;
- The health effects of exposure to asbestos;
- Potential locations of asbestos.
After This Workshop You Will Be Able To:
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- Comply with Asbestos Notification Regulations;
- Recognize asbestos;
- Know how to protect yourself and control exposure;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of the types of asbestos removal projects.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what we can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.