AEWP/Scissor Lift Training
General information on course
This workshop is designed for participants who have little or no working knowledge of operating an Aerial ScissorLift Work Platform. It is also designed to be a refresher course for experienced operators. You will learn how to work on and operate a scissor lift safely, while using effective fall protection systems to protect yourself and those you work around. Participants must successfully complete and pass both the theoretical and practical components of this course to receive their certification and record of training (ROT).
Can be a full day depending on the size of the group and participant interaction.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who supervises or operates a Scissorlift Elevated Work Platform on a construction site or in an industrial establishment.
*Note** Participants interested in attending this safety training program are required to show proof of valid Fall Protection Training to complete the practical component of this course.
After successfully completing this portion of the course, participants will understand the:
- The legislative requirements (Government Regulations, CSA Standards and Manufacturers’ Guidelines and Principles);
- The duties and responsibilities of workplace stakeholders;
- Pre-shift inspections;
- Safe operating procedures, including the travel, raising, lowering and rotating (if applicable) of elevating devices;
- Propane and battery handling techniques.
To successfully pass this course, participants must demonstrate the following:
- The capability to conduct a pre-shift inspection;
- The ability to travel with, raise, lower and applicable functions of machine and rotate an elevating device;
- A knowledge of general operating procedures.
By means of group discussion, case studies and one-on-one instruction, participants will gain the ability to apply what they learn in this course.
To find out more about Advanced Consulting and Training Ltd. and what they can do for you and your organization, please contact us today.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
GET STARTED TODAY
Select from one of our scheduled classes (if available) or request more information by clicking “Book Today” below.